It's time to decorate the classroom! Or to create fabulous decorations for your students to take home with them! But what other learning can you get from holiday decorations?
Find the Maths
- What angles can you find in a 5 point star? A 6 point star? 7 points?
- What's the circumference of the bauble? The diameter?
- What shapes can you find in holiday decorations?
- What nets do you need to create 3D decorations?
- What's the area of those nets?
- How many decorations do you need to decorate a classroom? To decorate a tree?
Find the Writing
- Write about why we need holiday decorations
- Write about the history of holiday decorations
- Write a procedure for making holiday decorations
- Write a short story about holiday decorations
- Write a newspaper article about how your class is decorated
Find the Engineering
- Which decorations are the strongest?
- How can you made decorations stronger?
- How do you test the strength of a decoration?
- Can you use decorations to make a machine?
- Can you make decorations move on their own?
- Can you create structures out of decorations?
Find the Creativity
- How can you portray decorations using paint? Pencils? Clay?
- What recycled materials can you use to create decorations?
- Can you create a dance about decorations?
- Can you create a play or a song about decorations?
- How can you use colour in your decorations?
- How can you use shapes in decorations?
Don't forget to leave your holiday ideas in the comments!